Dear Blog Reader,
A dear brother of mine has been under quarantine in New York City since March when the city issued its official quarantine. Since then, my friend has contacted me regularly to keep me updated on things happening there. From what he’s shared with me, I cannot imagine what he and others in NYC have been going through and how difficult life must be since the lockdown. During this pandemic, NYC must certainly be one of the most challenging places to live in the United States, if not the most challenging.
Today I received the following message from my friend, which deeply touched me. I would like to share it here with you, on my new Blog, as my very first Blog post.
I hope it touches you as deeply as it has me. Below is the message he sent to me.
With Love and Light,
While waiting for life to get back to normal, please consider this:
If you could fit the entire population of the world into a village consisting of 100 people, maintaining the proportions of all the people living on Earth, that village would consist of:
– 57 Asians
– 21 Europeans
– 14 Americans (North, Central and South)
– 8 Africans
There would be:
– 52 women and 48 men
– 30 Caucasians and 70 non-Caucasians
– 30 Christians and 70 non-Christians
– 89 heterosexuals and 11 homosexuals
– 6 people would possess 59% of the wealth and they would all come from the USA
– 80 would live in poverty
– 70 would be illiterate
– 50 would suffer from hunger and malnutrition
– 1 would be dying
– 1 would be being born
– 1 would own a computer
– 1 (yes, only one) would have a university degree
If we looked at the world in this way, the need for acceptance and understanding would be obvious. But, consider again the following :
– If you woke up this morning in good health, you have more luck than one million people, who won’t live through the week.
– If you have never experienced the horror of war, the solitude of prison, the pain of torture, were not close to death from starvation, then you are better off than 500 million people.
– If you can go to your place of worship without fear that someone will assault or kill you, then you are luckier than 3 billion (that’s right) people.
– If you have a full fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are wealthier than 75% of the world’s population.
– If you currently have money in the bank, in your wallet and a few coins in your purse, you are one of 8 of the privileged few among the 100 people in the world.
– If your parents are still alive and still married, you’re a rare individual.
– If someone sent you this message, you’re extremely lucky, because someone is thinking of you and you don’t comprise one of 2 billion who can’t read.
– Work like you don’t need the money.
– Love like nobody has ever hurt you.
– Dance like nobody is watching.
– Sing like nobody is listening.
– Live as if this was paradise on Earth.
Please send this message to your friends.
Bypass those determined to see the worst in the world no matter what.
If you don’t send it, nothing will happen. If you do send it, someone might smile reading it, and that will be positive.
Sending Infinite Love and Light to everyone,
Ty von Hoetzendorff